Packed with flavor and simple to make, this Zesty Lemon Herb Quinoa is one of those versatile recipes you’ll come back to time and time again.
- 2¾ cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1½ cups quinoa
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan, add the vegetable broth, lemon juice and quinoa. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pan and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 12 to 15 minutes. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, basil, parsley, and lemon zest. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste. Pour the dressing over the quinoa and toss until all the ingredients are evenly coated. Transfer the quinoa into a serving dish. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon zest to taste.