Rich, flavorful, and hearty, this Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup is anything but boring. Cashews and oat milk provide a smooth mouthfeel while nutritional yeast adds that desirable “cheesy” note. Truly an equally delicious take on a classic.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small zucchinis, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 carrots, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk (or plant milk of choice)
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium stockpot, saute onions, garlic, carrots, and zucchini in olive oil on medium heat. (5-7 minutes.)
- Add broccoli, cashews, and vegetable broth. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Using a hand blender or high-speed blender, puree mixture until smooth. Once blended, transfer back into stockpot and add oatmilk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
This looks amazing and will have to give it a try!
Thank you! I hope you enjoy it!
Wow, I’ll have to try this! This is something I would have never attempted when I was vegan but it sounds great. Any excuse to make broccoli cheddar soup again.. 🙂