These delicious (and healthy) Crispy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies are destined to disappear from the cookie jar quickly! I’m normally not a huge fan of oatmeal cookies, but the touch molasses in this recipe creates a smokey flavor that makes these absolutely irresistible. Enjoy!
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose, gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon molasses
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, gluten free flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the syrup, oil, vanilla extract, and molasses. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir to combine. Fold in the raisins and nuts.
- Using your hands, roll tablespoon-size scoops of dough into balls. Place the balls onto the prepared baking sheet and press down slightly to flatten. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a baking rack to cool completely.
- Note: You can substitute chocolate chips for the dried fruit and any kind of nuts for the walnuts.