Packed with fiber, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients, this Sweet + Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Salad packs a healthful punch of flavor with every tantalizing bite.
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, cored and cut into small florets
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 cups pine nuts
- 4 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 cup Thompson raisins
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Spread cauliflower florets onto the baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle cauliflower generously with olive oil and 1½ teaspoons of the salt. Bake, stirring occasionally until cauliflower is browned and tender, 10-20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, toast the pine nuts on a medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Remove pine nuts to a dish and set aside. In the same skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the leeks and sauté until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the pepper, nutmeg, cayenne and remaining salt (plus more to taste, if necessary). Remove from heat.
- Toss the roasted cauliflower with the leek mixture. Add the pine nuts and raisin and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve hot or cold.