Decadently chewy and full of rich, autumnal flavors; these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are destined to dazzle!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin or fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance vegan butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg (or egg replacer for vegan option)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups gluten free, all-purpose flour gluten free, all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl or kitchen mixer, combine one cup of canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling), coconut sugar, maple syrup, Earth Balance, egg, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. (If you’re using an electric mixer, disregard at this point and fold in chocolate chips using a rubber spatula.)
- Line baking 8″x 12″ with parchment paper and spread batter evenly into pan.
- Bake at 350° F for 25-30 minutes or until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.