Presenting Matcha Dark Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats. A combination of three of my favorite things: matcha tea, dark chocolate, and vegan treats. Made with just 5 simple ingredients, these striking green-hued morsels are as delicious as they are beautiful. This recipe is vegan & gluten free.
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) Earth Balance vegan butter
- 4 1/2 cups mini vegan marshmallows (Dandies)
- 6 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips melted (optional)
- In a large pan, melt Earth Balance, on a medium heat.
- Gently, using a spatula, fold in mini marshmallows. Mix well to combine.
- Add in crispy rice cereal, plus matcha and mix until the cereal is completely coated with the marshmallow mix.
- Using a spatula, add mixture to an 8 x 10” or 9 x 11″ baking pan. Press firmly using the back of a spatula to set in pan.
- Cool completely. Coat with melted chocolate chips if desired.
Notes: Recipe adapted from candicekumai.com. Ceramics by Yokky Wong for Lawrence & Scott.