These ‘Dreamy Peanut Butter Cookies’ will satisfy even the strongest of peanut butter cravings! Not only are they melt-in-your-mouth decadent, they’re also packed with healthy ingredients. Best of all, they’re completely suitable for those who want a gluten-free, dairy free or refined sugar free recipe. Get ready dive into this brilliant blend of savory, salty peanut butter and sweet, toasty coconut sugar. You’re going to love them!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) Earth Balance, at room temperature
- 3/4 cups smooth, unsweetened peanut butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 large organic egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or peanut butter chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend butter, peanut butter, coconut sugar and maple syrup. Stir in vanilla and egg.
- Add flour in thirds and blend until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips or peanut butter chips if you choose.
- Roll mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls and press down with the tines of a fork.
- Place on a nonstick baking pan and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool the cookies on a rack before serving.
Yield: About 25-30 cookies.
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Total time: 20 minutes.
- Cookies can store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.