I’ve always been inspired by Middle-Eastern cuisine. Perhaps it’s their method of preparing food that entices me the most: vibrant ingredients that are fresh from the market, prepared simply, spiced beautifully and served with love.
This dish exquisitely blends the earthy flavor of cumin and the smooth, nutty texture of Tahini with vibrant hints of garlic, lemon and fresh parsley. It’s also rich in Vitamin C, Calcium and fiber.
- 20 Brussels sprouts
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- Sea salt, pepper, chili flakes and cumin to taste
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Tahini sauce
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thoroughly wash and chop 1 medium head of cauliflower and about 20 Brussels sprouts in to bite size pieces.
- Place chopped vegetables on a baking sheet and coat them generously with olive oil, sea salt, chili flakes, cumin and fresh ground pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on desired texture.
- While the veggies are cooking, combine Tahini, garlic, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil and water in a food processor or high speed blender (I use a Blendtec) and blend until smooth.
- Once the vegetables are finished, plate them immediately and drizzle with Tahini sauce and garnish with fresh parsley and additional fresh ground pepper.
Yum Can’t wait to try this!
You will absolutely love this!