This recipe has an incredible nutritional profile, is filling and completely versatile. I often make this salad for dinner and pack the leftovers in my lunch the following day.
- 1 bunch lacianto kale
- 1 medium diced avocado
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1-2 teaspoons of pink salt
- Thoroughly rinse and pat dry the kale with a clean towel.
- Tear the kale from its stem and then into small, bite-sized pieces.
- In a mixing bowl combine kale and diced avocado. Massage the avocado into the kale until the consistency becomes smooth and creamy.
- Once the kale and avocado are massaged together, add in olive oil, salt and lemon juice.
- Continue to massage until the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Add in any other desired ingredients and chill for 15 minutes before serving.
+ Try adding nuts and/or seeds for extra protein and texture.
+ Consider adding either fresh or sautéed vegetables before chilling.
+ Instead of fresh lemon juice, swap for 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, liquid aminos, or nama shoyu instead.
+ Use spices to play with the flavor profile. I often use garlic powder, white pepper, onion salt and tarragon.
Always wash your hands prior to massaging ingredients.