This Asian inspired baked tofu dish is simple to make and requires little preparation. It’s rich in plant-based protein and is equally delicious heated up the next day for lunch. It’s also perfectly appropriate for vegan/vegetarian and gluten free diets.
- 2 12 oz packages organic tofu
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup low sodium tamari
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic (sautéed until golden)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or raw honey (I love the Trader Joe‘s raw honey)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- For the marinade – Combine sesame oil, tamari, ginger powder, dijon mustard, garlic, and maple syrup in a large bowl.
- Slice tofu into medium-sized, rectangular pieces and place into the marinade.
- Allow the tofu to marinade for 15-30 minutes.
- Bake tofu for 20-30 minutes depending on desired texture.
Note: I served this last night with onion, garlic, spinach, and mushrooms lightly sautéed in organic olive oil and sea salt & plain steamed quinoa.