After weeks of grasping onto the last of fall festivities, I’ve found myself finally getting swooped up in all the Christmas fervor. The season simply cannot commence without baking. More specifically, cookie baking. Which brings me to these divine Almond Flour Snickerdoodles. Rolled in a tantalizing blend of cinnamon and sugar before baking, and coming out of the oven with little cracks on top, these nutty gems are bound to be a crowd pleaser.
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F and set rack in the middle of the oven. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the topping ingredients. Set aside.
- Stir together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the coconut oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Place one-to-two inch balls of batter onto greased and parchment-lined baking pans and lightly press down.
- Sprinkle with topping mixture. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until just golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and place the cookies on a cooling rack.