Struck with a serious chocolate craving? I’ve got you covered with this delectable Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread.
- 2 ounces Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose, Gluten Free, All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your blend already contains it)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup coconut or granulated sugar
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups grated fresh zucchini
- 2 eggs at room temperature, beaten (or proportionate egg replacer if vegan)
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure Organic Vanilla Extract
Preheat your oven to 325°F. Grease and line a standard 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan and set it aside. In a small double boiler, place the chopped chocolate and heat on medium, stirring in regularly, until smooth. Set the chocolate aside to cool briefly.
In a large bowl, place flour, xanthan gum, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and coconut sugar, and whisk to combine. Place the chocolate chips in a separate small bowl, add 1 teaspoon of the dry ingredients to the chips and toss to combine. Set the chips aside. Add 1 1/2 cups of the grated zucchini to the dry ingredients and stir to combine, breaking up any clumps of grated zucchini. In a blender or food processor, place the remaining 1/2 cup grated zucchini, eggs, oil and vanilla, and blend or process until smooth. Add the melted chocolate, and blend once more to combine.
Create a pit in the center of the bowl of dry ingredients, pour in the wet ingredients and mix to combine. The batter will be soft. Add all but a few of the chocolate chips and reserved dry ingredients to the batter, and stir until the chips are evenly distributed throughout. Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and smooth the top with a spatula. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips evenly on top and press gently to help them adhere.
- Place the loaf pan in the center of the preheated oven, and bake, rotating once, until a toothpick inserted in the center of each loaf comes out clean (about 50 minutes). Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes in the loaf pan before transferring a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.