It’s the most wonderful time of the year, but if you’re anything like me, your schedule is flooded with a plethora of holiday gatherings and festivities. Sometimes it seems impossible to fit it all in, show up on time and bring something delicious to share. Fear not, this Dark Chocolate Peppermint Fudge is quick, simple and has yet to not dazzle a crowd. This recipe is vegan and gluten free making it tempestuous for even the most finicky of eaters. Enjoy!
- 3 cups dairy free, dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies for garnish
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Allow the paper to overlap the edges of the pan for easy removal.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring coconut milk to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat and add chocolate chips and peppermint extract, stirring occasionally until mixture is smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into prepared baking pan; sprinkle with crushed peppermint, if you so choose.
- Chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours or freezer for 30 minutes until mixture hardens.
- Lift the fudge out of the pan by using the excess parchment paper edges, slice into squares or triangles and serve immediately!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Omit peppermint extract and crushed peppermint for a simple, delicious chocolate fudge. You can then add your own twist with roasted almonds, coconut shreds, peanut butter. The options are endless!