These pancakes are filled with simple, healthy ingredients that will keep you full and fueled all morning. Whether you’re looking to add a twist to your weekend brunch menu or need a quick nutrient-dense breakfast, these pancakes will not disappoint.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons organic, cold-pressed coconut oil or Earth Balance butter
- 1 cup unsweetened, organic almond milk (or other nondairy milk)
- 2 flax eggs (1 “egg” = 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 2 tablespoons water. Let sit for 5 minutes until mixture becomes gel-like)
- 1 teaspoon high quality vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons organic maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons organic creamy peanut butter
+ Preheat an electric skillet or a generous sized pan on the stove top.
+ In a small microwave safe bowl melt the coconut oil and peanut butter until it is liquified.
+ In a separate bowl combine maple syrup/agave, flax eggs, almond milk, and vanilla.
+ In the same bowl add the melted peanut butter/oil mixture.
+ In a medium bowl mix together the oat flour, gluten free flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
+ Combine the wet ingredient with the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly until the batter is smooth.
+ Lightly coat your pan with coconut oil and measure about 1/4 cups batter onto the pan.
+ Cook each pancake roughly 2 minutes on each side until they are golden brown.
+ Top with Earth Balance (or other nondairy butter), peanut butter, a light drizzle of maple syrup, fresh fruit, or whatever else you might desire.
+ To make oat flour simply add the required amount of gluten free oats to a food processor and blend on high until the oats have a flour-like texture.