This Crispy Romaine & Grilled Shrimp Salad With Tahini Dressing is perfect for spring! Crunchy romaine creates a classic base that’s quickly jazzed up with zesty red onion, juicy tomatoes and fresh cucumber and finally finished with a creamy, flavorful dressing.
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2/3 red onion, thinly sliced or shaved
- 6-12 fresh shrimp, prepared as desired (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Thoroughly wash, spin and chop lettuce to desired size and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cucumbers, onion and tomato.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, blend together tahini dressing ingredients – adding more water for a thinner consistency or tahini for thicker.
- Gently toss salad with 1/3 cup dressing until lightly coated, adding more if desired.
- Finish with fresh ground pepper, a squeeze of fresh lemon and protein of choice.
Note: Extra dressing keeps well in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.