These Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are a crowd-pleasing, allergy-friendly addition to any gathering or social event. Don’t let the vegan and gluten-free label deter you. The most common feedback I get is a request for the recipe. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance butter
- 3/4 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 3/4 cups gluten free graham cracker crumbs (about 10 graham cracker squares pulsed in food processor)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, almonds or peanuts
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- Melt the Earth Balance in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and coconut sugar and mix well.
- Remove the mixture from the heat. Evenly divide the mixture, approximately 2 tablespoons per cup, among the muffin cups.
- Combine the baking chocolate and almond milk in another pan. Stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted.
- Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
- Top with chopped nuts of choice and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Store extra peanut butter cups in the fridge for up to 5 days. Leaving them at room temperature will cause them to melt.
- You can make this recipe using a mini muffin tin and liners (pictured above). Adjust recipe proportions to accommodate smaller sized tin.
- I’ve linked the products/brands I prefer in the ingredients above. All ingredients listed are vegan and gluten free.