If you’ve got a hankering for fries that can’t be tamed, you’ve stumbled upon the perfect recipe! These Sweet Potato Fries with Lemony Tahini Sauce are loaded with skin-beautifying vitamin A, beta-carotene and fiber. The next time a snack crisis strikes, these sweet and salty gems are sure to satisfy even the most persistent of cravings.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 rounded tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- Preheat the oven to 375 ̊F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Melt coconut oil and pour onto the potatoes and sprinkle on the garlic powder and salt. Toss to coat.
- Spread out the coated potatoes evenly on the lined baking sheets. Roast for about 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
- While the potatoes are cooking, blend together mayonnaise, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a high speed blender.
- Slowly drizzle in warm water and continue blending until mayo becomes smooth and creamy.
- Once sweet potatoes are finished roasting, remove and let cool on a plate. Meanwhile, pour tahini sauce into a small bowl and top with fresh herbs and a pinch of black pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy!